[TYPO3-dam-devel] RFC #11083 DAM duplicates Medias in Workspace

Chris Müller mueller at cyperfection.de
Fri Feb 26 09:11:03 CET 2010

+1 by testing

I tested it against the recent svn version of the 1.1 trunk.

I tested the following:
1. Upload an image in the custom workspace
2. Look in User Tools>Workspace: There is one new entry for the meta
information
3. Toogle in Media>File to list view and upload view and list view:
There is only one new entry and not more entries like before the patch
4. Attach the image to content element in workspace: you can select the
image
5. Save the content element
6. Preview the page in workspace: the image is visible

I checked also what happens if you delete an image which is uploaded in
custom workspace:
1. Upload an image in the custom workspace
2. Look in User Tools>Workspace: There is one new entry
3. Delete the newly uploaded image.
4. Look in User Rools>Workspace: The entry is not shown anymore. That is
different than before the patch where the meta information record was
still available.

One small problem: If you add a caption for the image in meta fields of
the image the caption is not shown in workspace view of the page until
the meta information is published. But this should be another bug report
which is different from this RFC.

 From my view of point this patch can be added to the recent version.

Regards,
Chris.