[TYPO3-dam-devel] RFC #15197: Multi–language categories

Lorenz Ulrich lorenz-typo3 at visol.ch
Thu Dec 9 16:39:52 CET 2010

Hi Dmitry

 > - commented out renaming of sorting_foreign because it happens on all
calls
 > without any checks. This causes problems with sorting/sorting_foreign
 > fields. This is a very old code (for TYPO3 4.1), so it can be removed in
 > the end I think.
 > - only one localization was created by previous version

I tested your patch and it worked just fine, the pages were translated
and I could translate categories.

But: As far as I can see, the UPDATE! page in the EM should tell me what
it did but it just said that there were no changes necessary. Can you
double-check that?

Working with multi-language categories I noticed that if you translate a
category in root level (having no parent category assigned) the
localized version displays "<em>[No title]</em>" as parent category. I
attached a screenshot to demonstrate. Do you have any clue if this is a
DAM or a TYPO3 problem?

Thanks,

Lorenz