[TYPO3-dam-devel] RFC #12408: Integrate flash uploader into DAM

Michiel Roos [netcreators] michiel at netcreators.com
Wed Dec 23 08:04:54 CET 2009

Op 12/22/09 10:04 PM, Dan Osipov schreef:
> I don't think it can - at least not elegantly. The tab/menu selector is
> generated in getTabMenu function of tx_dam_scbase. It assumes the menu
> item links to a module - there is no way to shove a JS call in there.
>
> But if your goal is not to have the users confused, then how about
> leaving the option in the menu, which would take them to the old upload
> module, but clicking on the button would bring up the mass uploader?
> That way no one would say "Hey, where did the upload module go?", but we
> will get questions "how come there are two ways to upload files? Which
> one should I use?"
>
> We can also make this change in 1.2 only, and remove the uploader module
> form the tab/menu selector completely, leaving only the button. If flash
> uploader is disabled, it would redirect to the upload module.

Hi Dan,

Pitty we can't feed the getTabMenu anything else.

Yes, my goal is to not confuse the users. So, the original patch is the
best option. Maybe we can add a short message to the original upload
screen (if flash uploader is enabled): if you expect to see the flash
uploader, please click the button in the docheader.

That would hopefully educate them.

--

Met vriendelijke groet / Warm regards,

Michiel Roos