[TYPO3-dam-devel] RFC #12408: Integrate flash uploader into DAM

Dan Osipov dosipov at phillyburbs.com
Tue Dec 22 22:04:49 CET 2009

I don't think it can - at least not elegantly. The tab/menu selector is
generated in getTabMenu function of tx_dam_scbase. It assumes the menu
item links to a module - there is no way to shove a JS call in there.

But if your goal is not to have the users confused, then how about
leaving the option in the menu, which would take them to the old upload
module, but clicking on the button would bring up the mass uploader?
That way no one would say "Hey, where did the upload module go?", but we
will get questions "how come there are two ways to upload files? Which
one should I use?"

We can also make this change in 1.2 only, and remove the uploader module
form the tab/menu selector completely, leaving only the button. If flash
uploader is disabled, it would redirect to the upload module.

Dan Osipov
Calkins Media
http://danosipov.com/blog/