[TYPO3-dam-devel] Hard-coded reference to cc_devlog in class tx_dam_indexing

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Tue Sep 30 20:42:43 CEST 2008

Hi,

Funny that you caught up on that topic just as I was discussing it with
Steffen :-)

> Well, let's look at the frontend, there the pid is stored in $TSFE, so
> when now looking at the backend, do we have something similar to the
> TSFE there? Something that is used with/available to each script in the
> backend? How about the template?!

Actually I took the opportunity of discussing that with Michael (Stucki)
last week to see if he had any good idea. He didn't, so we looked around
all the global variables to see if we could find some fitting place
(since none was really obvious). After some discussion we finally
settled on this:

$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['SC_OPTIONS']['GLOBAL']['debugData']['pid']

The rationale is that "SC_OPTIONS" are script options, so it's quite
fitting for BE scripts. The next key is either the name of a specific
script/class or "GLOBAL" if the target is more general. Lastly it seemed
restrictive to just have a field like "devlogPid" or whatever, but
rather propose an array called "debugData" where other information could
be stuffed as needed.

I discussed this with Steffen because of his work on extended problem
reporting, and although he didn't see an immediate use for this in his
case, he thought the idea was ok.

What do you think?

--

Francois Suter