[TYPO3-dam-devel] RFC #9403,9644: Missing media types

Uschi Renziehausen typo3news at otherone.de
Mon Nov 10 22:35:53 CET 2008

hi *.*

while I like to have all those patches in trunk, with this one I am in
doubght about the consequences.

media types (not filetypes!) have hardcoded uids as constants. As soon
as the first filetype of media type x is uploaded, we have it in the
database, therefore we need some kind of update script! Currently the
only way to update the database is:
delete the files of that mediatype and upload them again.
In my eyes this is a blocker!

Uschi