[TYPO3-dam-devel] RFC: Bugfix 7443: db field tx_dam_mm_ref.ident to short

Michiel Roos michiel at netcreators.com
Sat May 3 16:05:43 CEST 2008

Hi,

I vote for TEXT.

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/blob.html
BLOB columns are treated as binary strings (byte strings). TEXT
columns are treated as non-binary strings (character strings). BLOB
columns have no character set, and sorting and comparison are based on
the numeric values of the bytes in column values. TEXT columns have a
character set, and values are sorted and compared based on the
collation of the character set.

The reason for this being 'less fuss' when setting up on postgres.
Postgres will turn all blob* into bytea fields.

The characters that go in this field are normal alphanumeric
characters aren't they?