[TYPO3-dam-devel] RFC: Bugfix 7443: db field tx_dam_mm_ref.ident to short

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Fri May 2 16:56:33 CEST 2008

Hey guys,

I agree with Michael here.

Question (since we had this in the core as well): Should we use TEXT or
BLOB because of the charset issues? I don't care really, as the values
will be DB fields and (hopefully) will not contain any strange values
that are messed up if somebody changed the DB charset &| collation.

Other question: If we cast a mySQL field from varchar to text, is the
transition smooth (are all values kept etc.)?

As soon as we agreed on BLOB / TEXT, I'll create another patch, ok?

BTW: This should go in 1.0 and trunk IMHO.

--
greetings,
benni.