[TYPO3-dam-devel] RFC #8599: Replace dam extension of tx_rtehtmlarea_browse_links by implementation of interface t3lib_browselinkshook]

Stanislas Rolland typo3 at sjbr.ca
Tue Jun 10 09:23:17 CEST 2008

Hi Benni,
> I tried your patch. However, we have to clear up some things...
I submitted a revised patch that fixes the issues reported by Uschi. I
had to re-introduce class.ux_tx_rtehtmlarea_browse_links.php in order to
make some changes that may not be submitted to TYPO3 4.2 branch. The
changes will be submitted to TYPO3 trunk.

> * Now, with your new file, which files can be deleted (both in the RTE
> mod3 / mod4 directories and in the DAM) ?
In TYPO3core trunk, file
rtehtmlarea/mod3/class.tx_rtehtmlarea_dam_browse_links.php will be deleted.

When DAM will operate with TYPO3 4.3, file
dam/compat/class.ux_tx_rtehtmlarea_browse_links.php will not be used. It
could therefore be deleted from any future version of DAM that would
require TYPO3 4.3.

> * With your new implementation, which checkboxes in the EM need to be
> set and which don't?
When using DAM 1.0.13 with TYPO3 4.2 and earlier, the htmlArea RTE EM
checkbox for DAM should be checked.
When using the current trunk of DAM with the patch and TYPO3 4.2, the
htmlArea RTE EM checkbox for DAM should be unchecked. The DAM EM
checkbox for htmlArea RTE should be checked.
The htmlArea RTE EM checkbox for DAM will be removed in TYPO3 4.3.

> * I also changed some code in ext_localconf.php, please see the
> attached patch that should substitute the parts in your patch.
I included these changes and more in the revised patch.

> As my test results tell me this:
> - Linking to DAM records works like a charm
> - Adding images still doesn't work (i expect this to be fixed at a
> later stage)
Adding images will be fixed by another patch coming soon.

> If this all is true (like: fixing images comes later, and you show
> which files we can delete; and Uschi's issues are solved), you got my
> +1 going!
Thanks and kind regards,
Stan