[TYPO3-dam-devel] RFC #8599: Replace dam extension of tx_rtehtmlarea_browse_links by implementation of interface t3lib_browselinkshook]

Stanislas Rolland typo3 at sjbr.ca
Tue Jun 10 08:57:26 CEST 2008

Hi Uschi,
> I tested your patch.

Thanks for testing.
> Here is the report:
>
> I) Create Link
> 1) The media link does not show the class selector and does not respect
> the settings from RTE.default.classesAnchor.default.file = myclass.

This should be corrected with the attached revised patch. You can now
set the configuration of the media link with

RTE.default.classesAnchor.default.media = myclass

You should also configure RTE.classesAnchor with type = media

> 2) I can set a title manually on creation of the link, but not the alt
> attribute, which I might want to adapt to current contents needs as well.

This is not a DAM issue, but related to the accessibility icons feature.
The alt attribute is on the image element, not on the link itself. You
cannot change the value of the alt attribute of the icon when editing
the link. But you can change it if you update the icon as an image. This
currently applies to all tabs with or without DAM.
> II) Modify link
> 1) If I want to modify the link the popup opens in TAB Page, not Media.
> 2)  If I then switch to the TAB Media, the Update button from normal
> File TAB is missing. Thus I I cannot save modifications to the title
> (alt and classes are not present here either) unless I select the same
> file again.

This should be corrected with the attached revised patch.
> III) Miscellaneous
> I am unsure whether this is your stuff or DAM stuff, but if I wanted to
> change the standard title output [main mediatype], [title] [filesize],
>   where would I do that?

This title is not set by the RTE. In fact, the default title set by the
RTE is the title configured for the class. But, after save, the title is
overridden. I assume that this is done by the DAM-provided
RTE-transformation for the media tag. Not sure whether this is
configurable and where.

The revised patch re-introduces class.ux_tx_rtehtmlarea_browse_links.php
because some changes are required on the RTE in order to correct the
issues you reported.. These changes will be submitted to the core trunk
for inclusion in TYPO3 4.3. The extended class will be used when
operating with TYPO3 4.2, but will become deprecated and will not be
used when operating with TYPO3 4.3.

I am attaching an additional patch applicable to TYPO3core in case you
wish to test the patch with SVN TYPO3core trunk.
> Uschi (sending an afternoon coffee over the ocean)

Thanks for the coffee!
Stan