[TYPO3-dam-devel] Release TYPO3 4.2 and DAM 1.1

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Thu Feb 14 12:17:19 CET 2008

Hi Michiel,

>>> Opening up the list (even if only by invitation) may speed up
>>> development. I think we can use that accelleration.
>>
>> I did not get this. "By invitation" is how it works now. So do you
>> want to stick with this, or open it completely?
>
> Stick with it for the time being to prevent spam.

I think you misunderstood. Spam is not the problem anymore!

Option 1: Let everyone post, but only team members receive mails

Option 2: Only team members can subscribe (= receive and post mails)

Option 3: Everyone can subscribe

Option 1 was what we had first, causing a lot of spam mails on this list.
Option 2 is what we have now, and Option 3 is what I am pleading for.

It still assures that there will be no new spam, but since many new people
can join the list, writing and patches and testing does no longer rely on
your small group.

However, of course still team members are allowed to commit to Subversion.

>>> We can see how we fare and if we get too many emails . . . we can
>>> just stop giving out invitations.
>>
>> Or remove them from the list, and change it to a private list again.
>> However, as you can see on the core team list, this works just
>> perfect!

So, are you sure you want to stick with option 2?

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out