[TYPO3-dam-devel] Concerning DAM / Releases / Team / Workflow

Andreas Balzer andreasbalzer at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 18:35:22 CEST 2008

Hi,
I'll write below:

On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 2:45 PM, Benjamin Mack <benni at typo3.org> wrote:
>  === DAM Team ===
>
>  Either way, if we open up the DAM Team List or not, how is the commiting
>  and fixing handled? Do we have something like in the core list, where
>  there need to be +1, one by a DAM Team Developer and one other?
I think it should stay as it is: a bug is checked by one member of the
DAM team whether it is reproducible. If yes it goes into fixing, if
not, 2 other members check it. If it is not reproducible at all and
the reporter does not answer to questions it gets closed.

If it is reproducible it gets fixed more or less. Patches have to be
tested by 3 team members. If all say +1 (so we have a +3 in the end)
it gets commited by one of them. If someone says -1 it does not get
commited to the main version as long as the members do not share one
opinion about it or another member says +1. (so every patch has to
have a +3 in the end)

>  And
>  then: Who is in the DAM Team anyway? Who is allowed to commit things
>  etc?
Everyone belongs to the "team" who is member of this list right now
and either testing bugs for reproducibility or creating patches. New
members can join the team if they want to do one of these tasks in an
active way.

Each of us should be able to commit patches.

>  === DAM Releases ===
>
>  One thing I struggled with a bit is the way how DAM releases are
>  handled. Obviously I'm not too long in the game yet, but seriously, we
>  do we need to fix 1.0 bugs if there is a 1.1 release coming that is only
>  fixing bugs?
If it affects 1.0 it is a good idea to fix that also because people
are currently still using it.. but in general I'm for patching trunk
and latest version only. (people should update and DAM versions are
compatible)

>  * We start planning 1.2 with having a minimal requirement of TYPO3 4.2
>  (or 4.1) in mind, so we can really start on integrating the DAM better
>  in the rest of the TYPO3 package (I'm not talking about having the DAM
>  as a sysext, but I think you all know what I mean). Everyone who does
>  not or cannot upgrade to 4.2 still can use DAM 1.1 which DOES work, right?
right

Greetings,
Andreas