[TYPO3-dam-devel] Bug 6495: DAM does not work after installation

Michiel Roos michiel at netcreators.com
Sun Oct 28 10:53:13 CET 2007

Peter Kuehn [wmdb] wrote:
> Hi yall,
>
> I had contact with Karsten Dambelkalns according this Ticket:
>
> Bugtracker reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=6495
>
> He wrote:
> "IIRC this should be marked as depricated, its only needed for
> multibyte-charsets and utf-8 should be use in the database instead. this
> is the way better choice: multiplyDBfieldSize is/was just a workaround
> for the missing utf-8 support in mysql."
>
> Afaik we are not able to kinda solve this issue inside DAM cause its
> actually caused inside t3lib_install.
> If the coreteam will not fix it cause multiplyDBfieldSize will be marked
>   depricated, we should imho close this bug with an appropriate comment.
>
> any "no" votes.

NO!

I mean . . . I totally agree with you!

;-)

Marked as related to: 5142, 3007, 4559,4395

Please close this bug with the remark:
"Instead of using multiplyDBfieldSize you should use a DB with real
UTF-8 support."

Or a more kind remark pointing out the same message. Maybe with a link
to the UTF-8 page on the wiki.

Kind regards,

Michiel Roos

--
Netcreators BV :: creation and innovation
www.netcreators.com

Interesse in werken bij Netcreators?
http://www.netcreators.com/bedrijf/vacatures/