[TYPO3-dam-devel] Bug 6495: DAM does not work after installation

Peter Kuehn [wmdb] peter.kuehn at wmdb.de
Wed Oct 17 20:29:35 CEST 2007

Hi yall,

I had contact with Karsten Dambelkalns according this Ticket:

Bugtracker reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=6495

He wrote:
"IIRC this should be marked as depricated, its only needed for
multibyte-charsets and utf-8 should be use in the database instead. this
is the way better choice: multiplyDBfieldSize is/was just a workaround
for the missing utf-8 support in mysql."

Afaik we are not able to kinda solve this issue inside DAM cause its
actually caused inside t3lib_install.
If the coreteam will not fix it cause multiplyDBfieldSize will be marked
  depricated, we should imho close this bug with an appropriate comment.

any "no" votes.

grtz
pekue