[TYPO3-dam-devel] Testers wanted.

Michiel Roos michiel at netcreators.com
Fri Oct 12 12:40:00 CEST 2007

Hi list,

So . . . since it has been officially announced on the newsgroup that
the DAM was just resting . . . let's fix some boogs.

If you know any avid coders that would like to help fix some DAM bugs,
please drop me a line.

The procedure is as follows. If you want to propose a patch that you
have cooked up to fix one of the existing bugs, you can post an RFC to
this list.

The RFC can look like:
RFC: Bugfix: 5703: short bug description
Body:
This is a svn patch request.

Type: bugfix

Steps to reproduce:
- Media -> File
- List
- Choose folder
- Click the new file button (next to the new folder button)
- Create a text file without an extension
- Get the error message
- Click the back button

Expected behaviour:
- Back button takes you to javascript:history.back() where the form
still has all the data filled in.

Observed behaviour:
- We're dumped back into the folder we started in

This behavior is unacceptable because a user might have just spent some
hours tediously entering an ASCII art image of the mona lisa into the
text field and just have forgotten to add .txt to the filename . . . now
all his hard work is lost.

Doh!

The fix:
Change mod_cmd/class.tx_dam_cmd_filenew.php (line 129)
add line $this->pObj->returnUrl = 'javascript:history.back()';
Before the call to $GLOBALS['SOBE']->getMessageBox

Branches:
Head

Bugtracker reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=5703

Kind regards,

Michiel Roos

And don't forget to attach the patch(es). Then all of us should test the
patch thoroughly! At least three confirmations are needed before the
patch will actually be committed to SVN.

It would be nice if we make some of those annoying red bars in the
bugtracker another shade . . . green perhaps.

Kind regards,

Michiel Roos

--
Netcreators BV :: creation and innovation
www.netcreators.com

Interesse in werken bij Netcreators?
http://www.netcreators.com/bedrijf/vacatures/