[TYPO3-dam-devel] RFC: defaults in dam_ttcontent/ext_conf_template.txt

georg kuehnberger gk at plan2.net
Sat Dec 29 23:54:41 CET 2007

Andreas,

Andreas Balzer wrote:
> It's a good idea to put it into the manual but I think it would be
> better to have that somewhere during installation. As I worked quite a
> long time in the HCI Team before it was closed down (now it's a
> one-man-show imho) I recognized that most people don't read manuals ;)
>
> Therefore I'd still prefer some button during installation. But manual
> will be fine aswell.

- On which pages (depending on the installation) should "the button" add
it's TSconfig ?

- Adding the TSconfig on the rootpage will not cater for the cases I
descripbed below, where you eg. want to have the DAM field on all pages
except the sysfolders a,b,c, which contain extension with no DAM-compliance;

So in the end we might add some description in the Extension
Configuration Dialog (referring to the manual ... ;-)

I guess we'd better sort this out while writing the new DAM-Manuals;
regards georg