[TYPO3-dam-devel] RFC: defaults in dam_ttcontent/ext_conf_template.txt

georg kuehnberger gk at plan2.net
Sat Dec 29 02:07:25 CET 2007

Peter (Paul & Marry ;-)

+/-1, reasoning:

a) Consider a well grown Installation with any ammount of images
connected to tt_content, tt_news, tx_younameit, where you'd like to
install DAM for usage in NEW Content-Elements. In case the original
field is not shown anymore, media-files of old records can't be edited
anymore & and AFAIR won't be shown in the FE ;-(

b) Even considering a plain new installation, where you can may
configure DAM for all different kinds of Content Elements (tt_content,
news.), I have to disagree, simply because there's still a hughe load of
extensions (FAQ, Glossary, fe_users ...) which dont yet feature
DAM-compliance, thus the second (classic) field is required;

c)
 > Expected behaviour:
 > I would expect that the original fields are replaced.

IMGO, No from an admin point of view, especially as long as not ALL
major extensions support DAM;

However "not showing" the old media-field, but only showning the
DAM-fields, for certain type of records, or within a certain branch, can
  simply be done via PageTS;

So I'd leave it the way it is;
regards georg