[TYPO3-core] New TypoScript image rendering for css_styled_content using FAL objects

Patrick Broens patrick.broens at typo3.org
Sun Oct 13 15:54:19 CEST 2013

Hi Stefan,

> In TYPO3 6.2 FILES offers a little more [1].
> It added the register values FILE_NUM_CURRENT & FILES_COUNT:

Have you read the blueprint I'm referring to? Do you know what complex
stuff is going on in css_styled_content?

First of all for doing calculations in TS, you need a lot of TS lines,
like we currently have in css_styled_content. And that's something I
don't want to have anymore in css_styled_content. That's why I started
this proof of concept. I know, I'm partly guilty for all these lines in
CSC. What I want to have is TS that is transparent to everybody with
some TS knowledge, not a TS expert.

Secondly some calculations can't be done in TS. When you set a defined
height for multiple images, calculations need to be done for every row
if the width is still in maxW or maxWInText. You need to iterate over
every image before stepping into renderObj.

Please read the "motivation" in the blueprint first.

--
Patrick Broens

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!
Get involved: typo3.org