[TYPO3-core] Patch Sets in Gerrit

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Wed Oct 2 16:38:45 CEST 2013

JoH asenau schrieb am 02.10.2013 15:55:
> Am 02.10.2013 11:16, schrieb Ernesto Baschny [cron IT]:
>> Hi,
>>
>> it is very convenient to upload new patchsets to existing reviews on
>> Gerrit. One disadvantage is that the voting score is "cleared". But that
>> hasn't been a problem yet.
>>
>> One problem I have with reviews that contain >10 Patchset is when new
>> patchsets are not described. I would encourage people to write a few
>> lines *why* they are sending a new patchset in the comments after
>> uploading it.
>>
>> For example:
>>
>> https://review.typo3.org/#/c/11804/
>>
>> Jigal made some note on Patchset 19. Then came patchset 20 and 21 (Jo
>> and Georg), without any comment. Was Jigal's point considered?
>
> Just for clarification:
> There has been a change in the commit message, which is now
>
> Patchset has been rewritten to prepare for the use of the
> dataprovider described in the forge tracker.
> ToDo: Create the actual dataprovider functionality.
>
> This is still the current state of the patch, since there were just some
> small changes and CGL cleanups, so I didn't see a reason to change that
> again.
>
> There were some people who announced to help with the data provider, but
> until today there where no results, so I will try to adapt Olli's stuff
> that Jigal mentioned in his comment.
>
> The goal is to push a new patchset containing the dataprovider before
> your final code sprint, so it can be tested there.

Thanks for clarification here! This kind of information would be very
cool to read in the review system, as it doesn't explicitly tell us
"what's going on" behind the scenes just by looking at the patches
coming in. This is exactly the reason why I initiated this thread. I
would recommend more "communication" using the comments in the review
system, as ugly as they might look, it helps identify deadlocks or
further plans.

Would be awesome to have a reviewable state of this particular feature
for next weeks code sprint so that we can add this baby to the 6.2
release! Great that you are taking care of it!

Cheers,
Ernesto