[TYPO3-core] Patch Sets in Gerrit

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Wed Oct 2 15:55:32 CEST 2013

Am 02.10.2013 11:16, schrieb Ernesto Baschny [cron IT]:
> Hi,
>
> it is very convenient to upload new patchsets to existing reviews on
> Gerrit. One disadvantage is that the voting score is "cleared". But that
> hasn't been a problem yet.
>
> One problem I have with reviews that contain >10 Patchset is when new
> patchsets are not described. I would encourage people to write a few
> lines *why* they are sending a new patchset in the comments after
> uploading it.
>
> For example:
>
> https://review.typo3.org/#/c/11804/
>
> Jigal made some note on Patchset 19. Then came patchset 20 and 21 (Jo
> and Georg), without any comment. Was Jigal's point considered?

Just for clarification:
There has been a change in the commit message, which is now

Patchset has been rewritten to prepare for the use of the
dataprovider described in the forge tracker.
ToDo: Create the actual dataprovider functionality.

This is still the current state of the patch, since there were just some
small changes and CGL cleanups, so I didn't see a reason to change that
again.

There were some people who announced to help with the data provider, but
until today there where no results, so I will try to adapt Olli's stuff
that Jigal mentioned in his comment.

The goal is to push a new patchset containing the dataprovider before
your final code sprint, so it can be tested there.

Cheers

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
Xing: http://contact.cybercraft.de