[TYPO3-core] why did jenkins reject my commit?

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Fri May 18 11:04:54 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 18-5-2012 10:17, Xavier Perseguers wrote:
>> PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected ';', expecting ',' or ')' in typo3/sysext/lowlevel/clmods/class.lost_files.php on line 132
> Such errors are easy to spot even without phpunit, you just should run
> "php -l<your-file>" after you change something to ensure it is still
> valid PHP ;-)

Sorry, but if you push something like this to gerrit with syntax errors
in it, then it means that the code itself was not tried at all!?!? It
isn't even known that the bug is solved or that the rest of TYPO3 is
still working...

That is something you could do as a suggestion in a list ("I think that
<some code> could fix this (code not tested)"), but not when pushing
things to gerrit.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 Core Team member