[TYPO3-core] [TYPO3-v4] Minutes of the 11th meeting of the 4.7 Release Team

Steffen Ritter steffen.ritter at typo3.org
Mon Mar 5 18:41:48 CET 2012

Hi Markus,
It seems you are completely missing the point and mixing up topics, sry.

Patch-Level Releases have never been announced... Why should they? They
are there every 4-6 weeks on a regulary bases. Publishing minutes of the
Release Team meetings is transparency - because it shows how and why we
come to decisions.

It always has been up the the Core Development Team when they thought it
is worth to publish a new release - because they have to do it. No T3A
decision, no customer decision, no agency decision or whatever.
Why: Because it's completely development related and only can be done by
the developers - no matter how others like it or not.
If we should ask everyone if he wants a new release before releasing it
- we won't have a new release ever.
Only because you might be pissed by other stuff you should stay realistic!

 > You're just about to exclude everybody not able to come to those
events. Either because of lack of time or just because of not getting a
ticket for T3DD (See the nice waiting list)
 > Please use a public website or public blog for suggesting and
presenting such things.

Sry, but don't be silly. It's about material which everyone can use, to
present and explain stuff to others, not as deeply involved. It's about
collecting all needed information at one point. And it is about building
a long-term strategy? This is not cutting someone of. The events where
they could be used are just examples. They also can be used in
Usergroups or something else. But the information and material needs to
be there.

Such unproductive general off-topic rants really annoys me!

regards

Steffen