[TYPO3-core] Deliver unit tests in the packaged sources?

Georg Ringer typo3 at ringerge.org
Wed Jun 27 09:15:17 CEST 2012

Hi,

Am 27.06.2012 09:09, schrieb Steffen Ritter:
> I think your view is way to "developers seight".

of course the target group of TYPO3 is not limited to developers but we
should still try to help those as much as possible.

> 1. Many people will just "upload" or "unzip" sources to there webroot.
> No central symlink architecture.

so we can just ship a .htaccess inside tests/

> Just imagine the leader of the local sports association just installing
> TYPO3, reading a book and integrating a basic site for his assocation.
> He never studied Computer Science or was into Programming? What are Unit
> Tests to him?

See the other response of Christian
--------
But it is not true that the core tests are only useful for core hackers.
They could for example also tackle issues within the environment: For
example the tests could show that the image rendering is broken and can
point an admin to the right direction.
-------

so this can also help the leader of the sport association

Georg