[TYPO3-core] Deliver unit tests in the packaged sources?

Steffen Ritter steffen.ritter at typo3.org
Wed Jun 27 09:09:25 CEST 2012

Am 27.06.2012 08:59, schrieb Christian Kuhn:
> For those people who do not want them inside the document root: Just do
> not link them.
>
> My main hope is that more people run the tests

I think your view is way to "developers seight".

1. Many people will just "upload" or "unzip" sources to there webroot.
No central symlink architecture.

2. The most people just installing TYPO3 or maintaining TYPO3
installations (as in not developing) just do not know what UnitTests
are, or what to expect from the results

So please don't make the mistake to think all TYPO3 users are you.

Just imagine the leader of the local sports association just installing
TYPO3, reading a book and integrating a basic site for his assocation.
He never studied Computer Science or was into Programming? What are Unit
Tests to him?

I think I could do plenty such examples - in a nut shell: majority has
no use case for developer-only relevant stuff. And as Release Manager it
is even more your task to think of people not beeing developers as all
the developrs are around and raise their voice :)

regards

Steffen

--
Steffen Ritter