[TYPO3-core] TYPO3 package naming

netz-haut - stephan seitz s.seitz at netz-haut.de
Wed May 25 11:57:16 CEST 2011

	Peter,

sorry for the harsh words, but I already tried to make the point clear.
The change does not necessarily disturb anyone who does installation
by hand, but for automation a very simple typo3_src-$VERSION plus
dummy-$VERSION rule doesn’t work anymore.
If this is done in a new version (like 4.6) this can clearly be catched,
but changing names inside revisions could only be catched by a very weak
rule (>=4.5.3 || >=4.4.8) which are inherently predictive, as - if
the names change without any need - no one can tell if this happens
again. In conclusion, someone who want's automated d/l and installation
is somehow stuck with a database for each single pair of src und dummy.
However, this name change neither fixes any bug nor makes the
code better in any way, it's just a cosmetical issue.
I'm sure to be not the only person who doesn't expect cosmetical changes
inside a revision change.
Well, I can't say I'm very involved inside the TYPO3 development, so it's
your project, not mine and you're free to blame me cause from your POV
it can be seen as my personal fault not to predict changes with sideeffects.

Cheers Stephan