[TYPO3-core] RFC #15611: Feature: Translations of CEs are immediately visible in FE

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Thu Sep 2 14:49:12 CEST 2010

Hi,

Thank you for your answer!

On 2-9-2010 11:14, Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> Jigal van Hemert wrote:
>>
>> I added a special option, because hidden content elements are not shown
>> by default.
>
> But that's correct! Or do you want to show "Translate to XXX"? :)

Translated content elements are initially visible. If we would initially
make them hidden then most editors would not see them in the backend,
because the option to show hidden elements is normally not active.
That would be rather confusing: an editor clicks on the "Copy default
content elements" button and doesn't see any content elements to translate.

>> 1. Should translated content be hidden initially by default?
> Yes, because they do not make sense when not translated yet.

See above for the problem with the show hidden elements option.

>> 2. Should hidden content elements be shown by default?
> Hidden content elements are... well, hidden :) So they cannot be shown ;)

This was about the backend :) Hidden pages are also shown in the
backend, but hidden content elements are not shown in the backend by
default.

>> 3. Should normally copied content elements be hidden initially by default?
> That ia out of scope of this RFC. I'd say it makes sense to hide them
> because normally people copy them to make adjustments.

Well, not entirely out of scope, because François suggested to use the
TCA option 'hideAtCopy'. This option works for both normally copy/pasted
elements and for translation-copied elements.
If both actions should result in hidden content elements it's easier to
change the TCA of tt_content. That's why I put this question here.

 From your comments I would almost
- activate hideAtCopy for tt_content
- activate 'show hidden content elements' option by default.

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert
skype:jigal.van.hemert