[TYPO3-core] RFC: t3lib_refindex

Kasper Skårhøj kasper2006 at typo3.com
Thu Mar 9 10:26:50 CET 2006

Hi Rene,

On Mar 8, 2006, at 10:50 , René Fritz wrote:

> This is a CVS patch request.

> Added support for foreign MM select to t3lib_refindex, which would
> otherwise
> write the index twice.
>
> Changed is following:
>
> Added $table to
> function getRelations_procDB($table, $value, $conf, $uid)
> Yes $table is inserted as first parameter but this is a new class
> and the
> method is nowhere used so far.

You are also assuming that no extensions does!

> Changed the hash calculation not to use 'sorting'. This is because
> foreign
> select creates different sorting value. In any case I think the
> relation
> should not be hashed with the sorting value while this say nothing
> about the
> relation itself.

That is irrelevant. I had a reason for including the sorting field
and I cannot allow this to be changed without understanding your code
myself.

For now it is a -1 until I have time to check it.

Could you provide me with the documentation of how to set up this bi-
directional field type so I can test it locally?

- kasper

> Detect foreign select and swap tables and uid's
>
> René
>

> --
> René Fritz
> TYPO3 Association - Active Member
> http://association.typo3.org/
> <t3lib_refindex.patch>

- kasper

"A contribution a day keeps the fork away"