[TYPO3-core] the installer

Michael Scharkow michael at underused.org
Tue Apr 18 17:29:08 CEST 2006

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Just in case we're running out of ideas what to improve: :-)
>
> IMHO the installer should be rewritten from scratch. The UI is far from optimal.

I'd volunteer for that because a) I agree it needs to be done from
scratch, b) I'd like to use the installer as a first test case for my
generic TYPO3 controller (controller as in MV*C*) which wll work for BE
modules and FE plugins. The install tool is and ideal candidate because
it has virtually no dependencies and uses fairly little BE infrastructure.

Cheers,
Michael