[TYPO3-team-core-v5] Blog plugin / Github repo / namespace for plugins

Bastian Waidelich bastian at typo3.org
Mon Feb 4 11:19:25 CET 2013

Robert Lemke wrote:

Hi Robert,

> As for the namespace, I discussed this with Karsten and we've been not so happy with creating lots of
> new plugins in the TYPO3 vendor namespace only because we suspect that they might become popular.

I agree, "TYPO3." is the new "tt_" ;)
Also, I don't like the "Plugin" Sub-namespace after thinking about it
again as every package could provide one or more plugins by adding
content type definitions afterwards. So IMO the package type should not
be reflected by the package key but by the meta data (= composer manifest).

> - in general start in your own namespace and when it becomes clear that it's generally useful (and maybe already stable enough)
> fork + refactor to the Flowstarters namespace

+1

I'll rename the Blog package on Github

--
Bastian Waidelich