[TYPO3-team-core-v5] Blog plugin / Github repo / namespace for plugins

Christian Müller christian.mueller at typo3.org
Mon Feb 4 10:32:50 CET 2013

Hi,

On 03.02.13 16:57, Robert Lemke wrote:
> As for the namespace, I discussed this with Karsten and we've been not so happy with creating lots of new plugins in the TYPO3 vendor namespace only because we suspect that they might become popular.
Marc and me already started such a namespace as "Community", so for example:
https://github.com/mneuhaus/Community.Pjax
https://github.com/kitsunet/Community.OEmbe

> So I suggest his:
>
> - let's put the plugins we work on together into a dedicated ns, for example "Flowstarters"
> - roughly follow the idea of FOS (read this: http://friendsofsymfony.github.com/)
> - in general start in your own namespace and when it becomes clear that it's generally useful (and maybe already stable enough) fork + refactor to the Flowstarters namespace
>
> I created a new org (https://github.com/flowstarters) and added a few of you already.
Flowstarters is also fine of course...In general +1 to have separate
namespaces for those packages. If we find at some point that there is
something vital in it we can move to TYPO3 anytime.
I would reserve the TYPO3 namespace for *core* packages only. That is
packages that are delivered in Flow or Neos Base distributions and
therefor are maintained by the core team. Besides that a few packages
for which it makes sense should be in that namespace. Eg. TYPO3.Surf
makes sense to me. I would even think about moving some packages out of
the namespace like TYPO3.Soap, TYPO3.TcPdf (which I will abandon in
favor of tcpdf composer library) and others.

Christian