[TYPO3-UG Russia] Russian and English text in templates

Michael Shigorin mike at osdn.org.ua
Mon Jun 25 08:34:50 CEST 2007

On Sun, Jun 24, 2007 at 12:48:26PM +0200, Dieter Heussner wrote:
> Which parameters need to be set to also have russian letters
> reppresented / displayed correctly in the developing cycles of
> templates?

Here's my sample setup for 3-language site (might not have
similar problems since English is 7-bit but I don't have
access to Ukrainian/French UTF-8 one anymore; that worked):

---
config {
[...]
  metaCharset = windows-1251
  notification_email_encoding = 8bit
  notification_email_charset = windows-1251
[...]
  language = ua
  locale_all = uk_UA.CP1251
  content_from_pid_allowOutsideDomain = 1
  #for correct links with multiple domains
  typolinkCheckRootline=1
}

[globalVar = GP:L = 0]
config {
  sys_language_uid = 0
  language = en
  locale_all = en_US
}

[globalVar = GP:L = 1]
config {
  sys_language_uid = 1
  language = ru
  locale_all = ru_RU.CP1251
}

[globalVar = GP:L = 2]
config {
  sys_language_uid = 2
  language = ua
  locale_all = uk_UA.CP1251
}

[global]
---

As you can see, language and locale_all differ for different
L values.

There's also nice localization guide, thanks both to Kasper
and this list inhabitant who introduced me to the link:
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/extension-manuals/doc_l10nguide/current/view/

--
 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin <mike at altlinux.ru>