[Typo3-UG Russia] [bug] sp_directory and utf-8

Michael Shigorin mike at osdn.org.ua
Tue Nov 22 14:17:33 CET 2005

	Hello,
I've seen a few messages regarding sp_directory and Unicode:
http://lists.netfielders.de/pipermail/typo3-german/2005-September/003375.html
http://lists.netfielders.de/pipermail/typo3-german/2005-November/006432.html

Quick test on "description" shows that text fitting in 7-bit is OK
but anything else (both accented Latin1 and cyrillics) is broken
-- seems like gets (mis)converted to 8-bit and then output as
utf-8.

Seems like htmlentities() breaks things... argh!  Substituting
htmlentities() with htmlspecialchars() all over the class helped.

Submitted: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=1909

Carsten, thanks anyways -- this little nice ext has saved me
a bunch of headaches (some 4 or 5 others I've tested either
didn't work for me or did something different) :-)

--
 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin <mike at altlinux.ru>