[Typo3-UG Russia] Ukraine server speeds?

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at fm-world.ru
Fri Aug 26 09:16:00 CEST 2005

Hi!

Matthew Manderson wrote:
> I am getting a total parsetime of 238ms/239ms etc. on 10k - That is clearly
> not right, it actually takes about 1 minute and feels like
> being back on on 9.6k!

> As a quick tweak in my .htaccess I set:
> php_flag zlib.output_compression On
>
> This sped up the pages a lot, but I get messy text at the top of each page.
> It showed my pages were compressed by an estimated 69.40%.

These two fact generally mean the slow link between you and server. Try
"tracert www.hvosting.kiev.ua" and see time values and host names. I do
not remeber names exactly but there were two or free ver-r-r-r-ry slow
routing networks behinds Americas and ex-USSR. You seems to be in UK but
who knows how networks are routed.

When you use tracert, better put your site name since it can be located
on a different physical server, which can be in a different network.

Dmitry.