[Typo3-UG Russia] Ukraine server speeds?

Matthew Manderson matthew at manderson.co.uk
Fri Aug 26 08:42:03 CEST 2005

Thanks very much for the feedback both of you.

The host is www.hvosting.kiev.ua

I am getting a total parsetime of 238ms/239ms etc. on 10k - That is clearly
not right, it actually takes about 1 minute and feels like
being back on on 9.6k!

When not logged in as a BE user, ie letting the pages display cached it is
acceptable. Un-cached pages are the slow ones.

+------------------------------+---------+
| Variable_name                | Value   |
+------------------------------+---------+
| have_query_cache             | YES     |
| query_cache_limit            | 1048576 |
| query_cache_size             | 0       |
| query_cache_type             | ON      |
| query_cache_wlock_invalidate | OFF     |
+------------------------------+---------+

I see that the query_cache_size is zero so I need to get that changed
straight away. MySQL version is 4.0.24.

There does not appear to be any accelerator running so another one to check.
I see from another post Dmitry, you suggest Turck mmCache or eAccelerator.

Thanks for the pointers.

As a quick tweak in my .htaccess I set:
php_flag zlib.output_compression On

This sped up the pages a lot, but I get messy text at the top of each page.
It showed my pages were compressed by an estimated 69.40%.

I will post back later.
Matthew