[TYPO3-workflow] anybody really using workflows in production?

stefano cecere scecere at krur.com
Thu Oct 5 08:28:29 CEST 2006

Martin Kutschker wrote:
>> and i got stuck when they asked me a really simple question: "can i
>> make 2 versions of a page and then decide which one to publish?"
>> as far as i discovered.. it's not possible.. right?
>
> I think you can do this with the versiong module alone. Create a version
> of a page by hand (no auto-versioning) and use a meaningful name. Go and
> edit it. Then create another version with another fine name. Now you can
> swap those versions as you like to preview them. If you're done, publish
> the one you like.

yes, i could make a new version with the "Context menu versioning".
after that the new versions appear also in the current workspace!

there is then a bug, that after some operations (like swapping versions in and out) some version disapper from the workspace..

i guess that as a first start, the version module and version context module should show the same thing.

but i guess all these things are too complicated for "us" to fix.. it's so core.. that i guess we should really ask kasper to give some update to the topic
masi: maybe you could ask the core list if anyone is thinking about this?
maybe the Association could sponsor some development... i really like that Kasper makes a nice video podcast about workspaces.. but really useless if then people can't use them!

i also see that the bugtracker show a lot of unresolved bugs on versioning and workspace

ciao
stefano