[TYPO3-workflow] anybody really using workflows in production?

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Wed Oct 4 18:07:38 CEST 2006

stefano cecere schrieb:

> right now the big difficulty is the complexity of the interface.. too
> many things in several places (the workspace module, the versions
> submodule, the versions context menu (which give another kind of view!!)

Oh yes. I never understood the difference of Web>version and the version
context menu in 3.8. Now with Users>Workspace (why Users!?!?) it's even
more fun ;-)

Not that I really understand all of the things these tools show me. That is
I usually go along quite well. But then - bummer - a super cryptic error
message appears. I understand none of them, and I mean it. They are so
focused on the internals of versioning and WS that absolutely nobody except
the WS develpoer may understand them. To add some fun they are not
localized and AFAIK not even localizable. So my non-English-speaking users
are lost.

> and i got stuck when they asked me a really simple question: "can i make
> 2 versions of a page and then decide which one to publish?"
> as far as i discovered.. it's not possible.. right?

I think you can do this with the versiong module alone. Create a version of
a page by hand (no auto-versioning) and use a meaningful name. Go and edit
it. Then create another version with another fine name. Now you can swap
those versions as you like to preview them. If you're done, publish the one
you like.

Masi