[TYPO3-workflow] anybody really using workflows in production?

Andreas Balzer eMail at andreas-balzer.de
Sun Nov 26 11:36:04 CET 2006

stefano cecere schrieb:
> i was just wandering if anybody was already using native
> workflows/workspaces in a (big) production environment.
I tried to get workflow to run on our server, but it did not work. We
currently have workspace installed and enabled, but our editors preffer
to use the normal way of editing. There are many facts why they don't
use these systems:
- If you create a new version and place it over the live one (workspace
ext), it's hard to switch back for a standard BE user, or to have even
several versions of a content element, where you can switch between..
- The preview window of workspace looks horrible with a 1024x786 website
in that tiny frames + it does not work
- There is no todo capability in workspace (and as i told: workflow does
not work.. -> lots of error messages)

All in all it's easier for them to have about 20 different content
elements and just show them/hide them..

What I would like to see is an integration of the workflow system into
the workspace system. This means using the workspace technique, but
offering a complex todo system and many different kinds of BE user
configs which can be applied, like editor, spell checker, person who
assigns pictures, ..

Yeah.. that's it..
Andreas