[TYPO3-v4] Loading alternative caching backend

Christian Kuhn lolli at schwarzbu.ch
Sun Mar 18 11:50:45 CET 2012

Hey.

This list should be dead, please post to core list instead.

On 03/17/2012 11:51 PM, Rudi Meyer wrote:
> I was testing out the possibility to change the 'phpcode' cache
> backend from 'File' to 'APC', like this:
> $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['SYS']['caching']['cacheConfigurations']['cache_phpcode']['backend']
> = 't3lib_cache_backend_ApcBackend';

A backend that can be used as phpcode must implement
t3lib_cache_backend_PhpCapableBackend. Currently only the file backend
does that, so APC can not be used for this anyway.

> I got some errors, the class didnt exist. After a little debugging i
> got to the conclusion that only a small number of the caching backend
> get included by the 'initializeCachingFramework' method in
> config_default.

Only those classes are included at this point that need to be available
for the autoloader to use the cf, since APC can not be used for this, it
is not loaded.

There is some more documentation at [1].

Regards
Christian

[1] http://wiki.typo3.org/Caching_framework