[TYPO3-v4] Loading alternative caching backend

Rudi Meyer rme at systime.dk
Sat Mar 17 23:51:30 CET 2012

Hi there

I was testing out the possibility to change the 'phpcode' cache
backend from 'File' to 'APC', like this:
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['SYS']['caching']['cacheConfigurations']['cache_phpcode']['backend']
= 't3lib_cache_backend_ApcBackend';

I got some errors, the class didnt exist. After a little debugging i
got to the conclusion that only a small number of the caching backend
get included by the 'initializeCachingFramework' method in
config_default.

What is the correct approach to use fx. APC or Memcache?  I would like
to leave config_default.php unchanged - keeping it "default".

--
Rudi Meyer
Forlaget Systime