[TYPO3-v4] Using t3lib_div::getUrl() also for xml.gz files from Extension Manager?

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Tue Sep 27 13:32:28 CEST 2011

Hi Marcus,

I'm coming belatedly back to that topic, which is still bugging me.

> I think, if XMLReader::open() has problems in your specific environment,
> it's either a bug in XMLReader (pull parser based on ext/xmlreader) and
> to be addressed by PHP guys or prereqisites aren't met and *are not
> tested for*.

My main problem is that I don't know what I could test for, except
trying to read the compressed file with a stream and failing.

> Then we should provide a test for this and fallback to the other parser
> (push parser based on ext/xml).

Any hint on how to implement this fallback, considering that the process
probably involves trying to read the file with a stream first?

Francois Suter