[TYPO3-v4] Configurable cookie name feature breaks rsaauth

Helmut Hummel helmut.hummel at typo3.org
Sun Sep 25 12:25:29 CEST 2011

Hi,

while investigating why rsaauth for felogin does not work, I stumbled
over this change:

https://review.typo3.org/#change,2373,patchset=9

especailly:

https://review.typo3.org/#patch,unified,2373,9,typo3/sysext/cms/tslib/index_ts.php

These changes rely on a PHP session being started for every request in
the frontend, which we agreed is not a good thing.

Can anybody involved in this change look into it and change it to not
rely on the PHP session? Thanks.

I will take care to fix rsaauth, which just checks if the $_SESSION var
is an array and not if the session really is started.

Kind regards,
Helmut

--
Helmut Hummel
TYPO3 Security Team Leader, TYPO3 v4 Core Team Member

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!
Get involved: typo3.org