[TYPO3-v4] Extension Mangager Issues (reloaded)

Helmut Hummel helmut.hummel at typo3.org
Sat Sep 24 19:44:06 CEST 2011

Hi,

sorry for not following the minutes, but here are my comments in regard
of the EM.

On 24.09.11 17:12, Jigal van Hemert wrote:

> This will allow us to further
> refactor it without having to worry about possible breaks introduced in
> legacy Extension Manager. This is a natural enhancement started by TYPO3
> 4.5 LTS.
>
> [ *TODO* Xavier ] Create a patch for the EM activation in localconf.php

These two options do not fit together. If we refactor the new with the
potential to break the old, why add the possibility to switch to a
potentially broken EM?

I know the EM is a "monster" and it is not easy to handle the situation.
But just hiding the old EM, is no solution (and has been voted down by
some people already)!

If the issues are addressed until RC1 (by who ever) I'm fine with having
the new EM active by default. If not, we have to live with the old EM a
little bit longer.

Kind regards,
Helmut

--
Helmut Hummel
TYPO3 Security Team Leader, TYPO3 v4 Core Team Member

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!
Get involved: typo3.org