[TYPO3-v4] New vs "Old" Extension Manager

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 10:04:45 CEST 2011

Hi!

Christian Kuhn wrote:
> Codewise, new em does not simplify things. It is built on-top-of old em
> code and makes things even harder to maintain. The whole thing should be
> built from scratch.

I think we have major problems with new EM because it is not user-friendly.
It is all cool-coded but not very usable. The best thing would be to design
it first (UI from scratch) and than implement it focusing on user
experience instead of making a lot of shiny panels :)

--
Dmitry "itoldyou" Dulepov
TYPO3 core&security team member
E-mail: dmitry.dulepov at typo3.org