[TYPO3-v4] Idea how to speed up Backend with ExtJS

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Tue May 3 14:35:17 CEST 2011

Kay Strobach schrieb am 03.05.2011 12:56:
>> Welcome to the never ending project of rewriting the list module. :) It
>> has been started already 5 years ago, if I recall correctly.
>>
>> I would say you are more than welcome to re-start this team, maybe you
>> find other interested parties to join the efford. I am sure it could be
>> a very neat new feature.

> Jippi ...
>
> Mhmm, but all that makes only sense, if the backend JS is modified, to
> fit the ideas / architekture i described above.
>
> Is that planned?
>
> Is there any interest in a new listmodule for 4.6?

I think as soon as we have a proof of concept for the existing extJS
modules (WS module, Recycler, Ext-Mgr, ...) which still needs to be
backwards compatible with our old modules (iframe-based) we can include
it in 4.6.

This *is* planned at least in my head it was always planned. Steffen
Kamper our "extjs guru" will be able to give you more insights on that.

> Is it ok to have an extJS based on? (with ExtDirect) ...

Yes.

> Should it behave like the extmgm (expanding rows) or should it be tabbed?
>   - tab 1 table overview
>   - tab 1+n (with n>0) content of the table in this page

That's up to the usability team. I am not in the loop with Jens and Lars
anymore so I cannot really tell you much about what's going on and if
there are already some sketches, but maybe someone reacts on this thread
besides me. I'll try to participate on the next release team meeting
next Monday and see if I can rise the topic.