[TYPO3-v4] Patch-for-a-patch, nitpicking and negative votes

Susanne Moog info at susannemoog.de
Mon Mar 28 15:30:54 CEST 2011

Hey,

On 27.03.2011 21:59, Steffen Kamper wrote:
> Hi,

> corrct, -1 vote needs a good reason and a comment why it was given.
> Noone should vote -1 because of a inline comment need to be adjusted or
> a missing space or because he's in bad mood etc. Just comment that
> inline and make it independent from vote.

in my opinion the -1 is correct there. -1 does not necessarily mean that
you don't like the patch but at least for me it means: This patch _as
is_ should not be submitted. I think it's one of the nicest things in
gerrit, that votes are tied to a single version of a patch. If I'd give
a +1 on a patch with CGL issues, wrong commit messages or something like
that I simply fear that my inline comments on these nits get ignored -
because after all the submit button is there and I gave a +1.

BTW, I think we should keep the general intention of making a new patch
instead of picking all nits, but that has not really much to do with
when to give a -1.

Cheers,

Susanne