[TYPO3-v4] Patch-for-a-patch, nitpicking and negative votes

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Sun Mar 27 11:38:13 CEST 2011

Hi,

> With reviewing code in Gerrit I see a tendency to just throw -1 votes if
> there are tiny "problems" in the change. E.g. a comment which is
> slightly wrong, bugtracker number misspelled, variable name not clear, etc.

That may also be a question of educating users. I have also made remarks
about variable names and such in patches, but I don't give a -1 for
that, because I expect whoever will commit to correct that. So it may
just be a question of telling people "don't -1 just for spelling
mistakes". Of course, committers must then be careful after that and
consider all the requested clean ups.

Francois Suter