[TYPO3-v4] Patch-for-a-patch, nitpicking and negative votes

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Sun Mar 27 08:12:29 CEST 2011

Hi,

With reviewing code in Gerrit I see a tendency to just throw -1 votes if
there are tiny "problems" in the change. E.g. a comment which is
slightly wrong, bugtracker number misspelled, variable name not clear, etc.
In the good old days of core list reviews this would simply be fixed in
a new version of the patch together with a +1. And if that was the last
+1 which was needed that core dev would commit it.

Maybe it would be best to keep this part of the old behaviour and only
give -1 votes if there is something wrong with a patch which we can't
easily fix? This would really increase development speed for 4.6.

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert.