[TYPO3-v4] Git/Gerrit workflow, commit messages

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Mon Mar 21 09:28:43 CET 2011

Hi,

On 21-3-2011 6:16, Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> Jigal van Hemert wrote:
>> The description is a "bit" long, but it contains quite a lot of useful
>> information about reproducing the problem, etc.
>
> And that must go to the bug tracker, not to the commit message.

That's what I heard.

My point was that previously the RFC structure was extended a bit to
contain also the "how to test / reproduce" information because RFCs
without this were received less reviews than RFCs with this information.
(The same was true for RFCs without the actual patch and RFCs with the
patch)

Moving this information to another system will most likely reduce the
chances that it will receive enough votes quickly. We reviewers seem to
be rather lazy in this regard :-)

If we move almost everything (background info, how-to-test, demo
extension, screenshots, etc.) to the bugtracker we could even reduce the
commit message more.

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert.