[TYPO3-v4] Image CE annoyance

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Thu Mar 17 12:18:24 CET 2011

Steffen Kamper schrieb am 17.03.2011 12:07:

> just stumbled again about an issue, see the screenshot
>
> Display as Rows
> x Deactivate
>
> it's again wrong, the check activate the setting.
>
> Then i ask myself about the logic. You see the settings in the screenshot:
> columns: 4
> Result is render in 3 columns :p
> And what is the sense of the checkbox render as rows? This is not logic
> for me, and i'm sure that many editors have the same problem, only way
> is to try&error with random settings ...
>
> I think the checkbox is not needed at all, as the columns select is
> sufficient. And then it should render the columns in the setting ;)
>
> (tested with 4.5.2)

It's annoying, yes!! The locallang_ttc.xml has a bug:

  <label index="image_noRows_formlabel">Horizontal Rows</label>
  <label index="image_noRows.I.0">Deactivate</label>
  <label index="image_noRows_formlabel">Display as Rows</label>

So the label is translated twice. The idea of this checkbox is displayed
in an example here:

http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/extension-manuals/cron_cssstyledimgtext/0.4.1/view/1/3/

Search for "noRows" on this page and see the screenshot. This setting is
still there for "backwards compatibility", I am also pretty sure most
users don't use it.. But it had to be transported from the old
table-based-IMGTEXT during the table-less migration in 4.0 back in the days.

Maybe you can share a better label for this setting? Perhaps:

  Align by Columns instead of Rows => [ ] Enable

Maybe we should provide a sample of the result in the CSH longInfo?