[TYPO3-v4] getUrl issues - linkvalidator

Philipp Gampe typo3.lists at philippgampe.info
Tue Mar 15 19:25:10 CET 2011

Steffen Kamper wrote:

> maybe it's an option to use fsockopen and read only a static amount of
> bytes?

Could be a good option... but what is static and a safe default?

We could use $max = ini_get('memory_limit') - memory_get_usage() - x;
But memory_get_usage() might fail in Windows systems - happy platform
independent coding :(.

As long as we are not using curl, fsockopen is already used.

x could be 1MB or so, just to be on the save side.

Of course we could also read chunks until $max is reached.

Best regards
--
Philipp Gampe